Fitness plus nutrition equals promotion! Everybody knows that being physically fit and healthy is good for you. However, people don’t often equate fitness with their career. Physical fitness holds enormous professional benefits. Here are just some of the reasons to eat more vegetables and head to the gym:
- Increased Energy – fitness and nutrition increases your energy levels. If you have more energy, you’ll have more focus, more drive, and your productivity and work quality will improve.
- Look and Feel Better – taking care of yourself will slim your waist, and make you look and feel more vibrant. If you feel better about yourself and have more confidence, others will notice.
- Reduced Stress – Stress is a leading cause of health problems and reduced mental focus. Fitness and proper nutrition are medically proven to reduce stress levels. Lowering stress is a key component to staying healthy, and finding balance in life.
- Improve Your Network – if you go to the gym near your office, you will likely bump into company managers and executives. Not coincidentally, people who have climbed the corporate ladder are likely to be taking their fitness and nutrition seriously too. Friendships formed over common interests with colleagues can be invaluable career boosts. You may get the inside track on a newly created position. A respected manager can put in a good word for you at review time. Or, you may find a strong career mentor.
- Avoid Illness – fitness and proper nutrition will make you less likely to get sick. Not missing work due to illness obviously helps your career. In the long run, the benefits you gain by avoiding costly medical bills, operations, missed time from work, etc., can allow you to save more for retirement, and reinvest in yourself in the form of training and education.
No matter what you do to improve your fitness and nutrition, consistency is the key. You may not get to the gym 6 days a week and always eat a perfect diet. However, little changes can add up! Fitness plus Nutrition equals Promotion!